Saturday, April 25, 2015

It's cold. But fishable for a few hardy souls.

if you look at the USGS Gage's foe Rowland Bridge this morning you see some cold numbers. The water is high but manageable for those with good pins. I haven't been to the river today but I can guess there's some of the usual suspects. Caddies, yellow stone, black stone, blue quill. The Binghamton weather service says continued cold with some sun more sun tomorrow.
The tubes will probably be running this week giving you the opportunity to fish in town. There are some good spots. I usually do better nymph ing the bottom this time of year there. Look for the riffles.
I'm going be over by the Dyberry today. If I get a chance I may try to toss a fly or two. I may even run up to Roscoe to see if the NY fashion set has arrived yet.
Remember some great streams are only 45 minutes to an hour away. The main stem at Kellams Bridge, the West Branch at 191 bridge, the Beverkill and Willowemoc in Livingston Manor up to Roscoe. There's even more great wild trout fishing on the upper braches of the Delaware. Check out Catskill Flies link for conditions and info.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv/?site_no=01432110&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,00010

http://www.catskillflies.com/pages/stream-conditions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment we'll get back to you soon

Thanks,
Moderator