Sunday, March 29, 2015

First bug sightings

I took a ride today along the Delaware and Lackawaxen. The Lackawaxen was running along with ice only on the edges of the shore. Still too high to wade. Power generation is not scheduled this week so we'll get to see how the levels trend.
The Delaware above Zane Grey is stll iced but I could see large blocks breaking up. I checked out a couple of ponds that I fish and there were still guys ice fishing on them!
At Ten Mile River access I found black stone flies in numbers about a size 14 or 16.. The ice there too was breaking and groaning.
I went to two sport shops looking for darts for when the shad run starts. Neither had anything in stock!  The pool at Narrowsburg is so locked with ice that it may be a while before the shad can even make it up here. I'm looking forward to shad. It will be my first wading test on the new knee. And shad are great fun to catch.

I'll be heading up to Roscoe, Hancock,  Deposit and the Lacawanna this week to see what the local conditions are and what the local fly shops have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment we'll get back to you soon

Thanks,
Moderator