Monday, April 19, 2010

Opening weekend a little too cold

Maybe I'm getting a little too old or maybe it's the heated seats in my ride but damn it sure seemed cold this weekend. Cold enough that I didn't even suit up. For the past several weeks I've been watching the fish in my pond. They've been sunning and cruising around. Not this weekend. My fish aren't stupid. And except for the occasional typo neither am I. I don't especially like fishing the bottom with a lot of lead nor do I like freezing my _____ off. So after cruising the Tow Path, some long studies of the complex current patterns and a few close-up looks at the river I fled to my heated seats. There's always next week.

I wasn't alone in staying in the heated seats. There were a few old soles –– and I do mean old –– 'round and about but for the most part the river was empty. Only the easy wading holes had anyone in them. I did see one worm killer trudging up the road with a very sorry looking 8 inch rainbow swinging from his stringer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment we'll get back to you soon

Thanks,
Moderator